Monday, February 11, 2008

why school can seem like boot camp

by RM


Now in my essay, I will explain what is similar and different between our schools from today and the military. I will also be explaining what the pros and cons are for this subject and in a few places, I will also show my own opinions about the same one. Since this subject is concentrated on the late eighteen hundreds, the information that I give out should explain most of the things that you may question about our schools today, and the ones from the military as well. This subject is about the difference and similarities about the military schools and ours, so I suggest you really think deeply about what I'm about to write in the following.


In the late eighteen hundreds, we created our style of education to match the German model. Many of those ideas continue in our everyday life. Also, ther are many pros and cons to this model of education.


Our school today is similar to the military in many ways because what happened in the late eighteen hundreds are still happening today. It's amazing how things can move on from generation to generation, but it actually does happen is happening all around you! One of the reasons that I say that the military is the same as our schools is because, since things pass down from generation to generation, then the same rules that applied to the military and the rules before were not yet lost tot he rules of our schools today. Let me explain better, if the schools from before tried to make themselves like the military, even though we students aren't at all relate to the military today, the rules and expectations from the "military schools" from before, still apply to all of us students out here. There are many other reasons for the similarities, (as I said before) but I think it's time to move on to the differences.

Although there are more similarities through this subject than differences, the differences, (I would say) are more of a concern, as in: they occur more often or are more important than the similarities in this subject. Now, the differences are huge because the more you go into school work and stuff like that, the less you care and do the stuff that the military would most likely do. I'm not saying that the students aren't like, doing the physical education the military is doing, or anything like that. What I mean is more like in the lines of that students forget about having to proceed the rules that were passed on from generation to generation. The similarities have their own good times, but they eventually have to pass on and the differences come along. This is why I said earlier that the differences are the most important ones -- because the differences will have to eventually happen in schools when we're talking about military differences.

In this subject, there are also pros and cons because not all people used to agree with this subject and may not really agree with it today. I would be in the con side of this situation, because I don't think that things from so long ago should still be laws in schools from today (only from this subject, though) because every, at least decade should have their own set of laws unless they're confirmed and accepted with everyone. Now for this situation though, since my opinion doesn't really matter for the laws that have been made, then I guess the things will be different than I expected. The people that do agree with this subject though, think that their children should keep the generation going, and they obviously also believe that having their kids be treated like if they were at the military, is right as well.

Now that you know that this subject has many different subjects in it, I hope you think of this more in debt and actually think about what you think is acceptable and what is not. Everyone has a freedom of speech, so you can either say your opinion to yourself, or say it to anyone. That way other people will know your opinion and may do the same like you did. I know it's very good to express yourself because of what I just did. Expressing myself and what I think, helps me let people know who I am and what I believe in, and that actually does feel really good. This subject was important and hope you learned a lot about military rules from the past and present.

No comments:

Post a Comment