Thursday, February 14, 2008

remembering the poor

by JC

Did you know that nearly 25,000 people die every day of hunger or other related causes? One person dies every three and a half seconds. As you can see in the picture below, children are the ones who die most often. They are the victims. We are the only ones that can lend a helping hand.

These kids take the little they have and don´t care whether it smells or looks bad, they just want to survive another day.

Even though there might be enough food for all the world, the problem is that the hungry people don´t have enough money to buy food. With no food they are more likely not to go to work, they become poorer and get more hungry. Until it comes to a horrid ending that involves, "Death." There is still hope some. Have you ever seen on TV or gotten in the mail some information about how to be a sponsor for a small little kid that needs your help in order to survive another day? What do you do about it?Do you just throw it in the trash or do something about it? This is what America and other states should do. Why bother fighting for some dumb reason rather than take care of the people that are really in need? ACT UP!


I would say that each little state should have a good leader.Maybe then will the leader learn that people have opinions too. Wouldn´t you want to have a leader that supports the poor, takes care of the old, someone that helps out schools give a better education for your kids? Half of the world live on less than $2 a day! Do your parents or you get payed 2 dollars a day? I mean working the whole entire day and getting paid only two dollars isn't fair! While other people work 6 hours a day and get payed $150 or more! Sadly that does occur in the daily lives of others. Poverty is not just a little problem, it's a huge problem! The way I look at it is horrible.

I had an experience once not to long ago,a man that looked like he was a homeless, came up to us (me and my dad,we were in the laundry place) and asked my dad for some money, my dad said that he didn´t have any at that time and told him he could have a bedspread that looked fairly new and was in good conditions, but the problem was that the bedspread was in the trash. Someone has thrown it in not too long before he came in.

At first he said no thank you,but then my dad told him it will be great for a place to sleep in!!! He didn´t think about it much. He rapidly took it out and as we watched he folded it and place it in his ¨FOOD CITY¨bag.My dad gave him chips and he greatly appreciated it.He sat down and started eating the chips (My eyes got a bit watery.)Then not to long came the laundry assistant and told him to please get out! He said O.K and thanked my dad then he left....I ran into the laundry´s restroom. I burst out in tears.(I'm the emotional kind) If someone is suffering I can´t help myself and begin to cry.Then my dad began to tell me the reasons why people like them shouldn´t be given money but help...Consider this he said that he would rather give money to a person that can no longer work then a person who just roaming around streets asking for money so when he reaches to an amount he or she can go waste it on beer. SAD!.............

Poverty hasn't change much over the years. It continues to ruin lives daily and they are always in need of our help. And its up for to us to lend them a helping hand. In order to do that we need to donate money to a charity that helps the ones in need. A couple cents a day makes a big difference in their daily life. Don't you like to see little kids happy? I do. So think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment