Monday, February 11, 2008

interview with an immigrant #1

Name: Ernesto

Q: What made you cross the border?
A: I crossed the border because I wanted to insure that my brother's wife and child rossed the border. I needed to make sure they were ok they are part of my family. I also needed money for Me and the rest of my family.

Q: How hard was to get a job and how long did it take?
A: It wasn't hard because my brother got me one. But it was all physical work. It was no C.E.O position. I got a job in carpet work and did it for ten years. So it took me about a week to get a job.

Q: What do you think of the people that get a lot of money and don't appreciate it?
A: I get uppset, because if they only knew what it was like crossing the border, it would be different. They truly won't know what it is like because they have never expirenced it first hand.

Q: What do you think of the people standing at Home Depot and freezing or being to hot? How do you think they feel?
A: I think that you do wht you have to do to get food on the table for your family. I feel glad that they are out there tring to get a job. They could be stealing but there not. They are tring to make a honest living.

Q: If you could go and change the world so that you are the legal one making all the money would you not appreciate it like they do?
A: I would appricate it because I would still know where i came from and how I got here. I hope that one day we all will have papers and be free to go where ever we wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment