Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fahrenheit 451: Book Review Survey #2

How relevant has Fahrenheit 451 been to our society?

Itzel
I believe that the book really does point out some truthful things . It's correct in saying how violent people can get when simply bored. Boredom is really just a way to get people to to more ridiculous and or hazardous stunts just to get rid of boredom. I believe that people should be careful what to do when being bored . The book is very revelent to reality , it shows some of the consequences and privileges that come with things people do .

Nathaniel
I believe the book is more relevant to society based upon the behavior and the technology that is beginning to develop. This generation is beginning to take all the entertainment that they can get and try to copy by basically competing to see who seen this or who seen that then imitate for talent. Everyone wants to be famous, but they aren't being truly creative. You can see this a lot in preschools, middle schools and even most high schools. This can also be a huge problem for the future society because they become bored and would like to experience it a little too young of age such as killing and violence. The way the book described the after-school life was pretty accurate.

Angela
I also believe that allot of the things that the author of the book said are slowly becoming more and more realistic and less and less science fiction.For example I especially found it very much exact when he said that we would be staring into walls, and honestly many people including my self do that almost on a daily basis. (Now we go so far as to comment on Facebook Walls and leave imaginary notes on imaginary bulletins on Myspace.) Along side that he
says that people would be having competitions of who is more popular or who has more friends, however the only way they would ever talk to those so called friends would be through screens that is exactly what happens with thing like Myspace, Facebook, and twitter.In the book the author also mentions the fact that people live their lives way to fast and don't even take the time to look at all that they have around them.That I think is the most relevant to the way people live now and I find that to even fit me quite truly.For instance I find that this year and last year in particular have flown by extremely fast I don't know if it is because I have more responsibilities, or if its just because I have been so cot up in doing what I want and what I think is worth getting done that I'm not even realizing what I am doing that
makes my time go by so quickly.That in my opinion is a very bizarre thing because I am only 14 and yet this is already happening, sign that every body in this entertainment addicted society goes through this in at least one moment or aspect of their lives regardless of age or circumstances.

Aldo
In my life that is so true. People will repeat their jokes or do something crazy. That would probably explain why everything that's happens in school. Everything happens for a reason, either it's a stupid one or a reasonable one. And when people are bored they do something to entertain themselves. It's like if there not entertained they don't want to do it.

Isaac
Wow the book is sadly like almost predicting our future...It is becoming very accurate right now and is saying thinks like how we need to be entertained every minute of every day. For me that is sadly a reality. But its not entirely my fault I haven't been living life to the fullest by hey since there is no money or friends there is technically no life. I just hope the book that is being read isn't our future...

Denise
The way the book is relevant is that it's stating that we want everything to be entertaining, and it's true. Yesterday's field trip proved that many of the people that went wanted to be entertained. They wanted fun or some sort of show or type of entertainment nobody expected it to be mostly about presentations. News also has to be entertaining most of the time the anchor person has to crack up some type of joke. When students are bored the way students entertain themselves is by violence. Either it's physical or emotional violence but that's just how students entertain themselves and relieve themselves from the boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment