Wednesday, April 22, 2009

College Reflections


The following are some reflections that can also be read (in expanded version) on our Social Pulse website. 

What surprised you about ASU?

Diana

What surprise me when we were over there is that mostly all the the students there ride their bikes. I thought they will all have a car but I guess some of them live around there so they don't need a car. Another thing that surprised me was that the campus was huge.That lady didn't lie when she said it was huge. What a big campus! If I went there I will get lost I wont know were to go.Well mostly every thing there surprised me so yeah. A.S.U is a very big place I might go there one day.

How do you feel about college?
Eydmar
How do I feel about college in the future. There are many feelings that i'm feeling about college. One feeling is that I feel kind of excited. I think that college (or universities) offer great opportunities for everyone. It is a huge change. Part of that change can be good. On the other hand part of that big change can be scary at first. It will be a totally different concept than middle school and high school. Those are my feelings on college.

What will you do in the next year to prepare for college?
Mar
What I am planning to do in the year that is following is participate in as many community programs as possible. I will be more involved in school activities and will try my hardest to get a high GPA. I will be more responsible than I am now and I will always ask for help if I ever need any. I will not let anything discourage me at all. I will try to get nothing less than an "A-" on any assignment. I also plan to talk to the high school counselor about my wish to go to a University and how to get there

What did you think about after going to ASU?
by Stephany
The ASU Tempe campus was greater than I've imagined, and satisfied all of my positive thoughts about how people interact within the campus. I was surprised that everyone interacted so well with one another, and how they merely looked beyond all their differences. Another amazing thing that I noticed was that their was no bounderies or difficult regulations, the students seemed like they could easily demonstrate their free will to do what they pleased. The campus also had several elements of the real world, where the students were free to practice how the world outside of school area. Not only that, but I could clearly see that their was no cliques in which people revolved from but their was mostly indivisuals throughout the campus. Although their were many differences to what we are now exposed to in many ways it would be a greater experience in result of all those unique elements in a university.

by Angela
College, to me is the door to many opportunities that I would hateto miss out on. I know for a fact that there are many requirements that must be met in order for me to have the job and career I really want to have. I personally am interested in child psychology and the development of families. That for itself I know would take allot of work and dedication in order for me to fully understand all that there is to know about psychology but regardless of that just by the fact that I want to deal with children that will mean that there will be even more work and even more dedication.So there for that means that for me College is an absolute must, both because of the fact that that is one of the requirements in order for me to get the career I want, but also because I have and will make sure that all of my families sacrifices to get me here will not be in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment