Monday, April 20, 2009

Books for the Children's Hospital


Ten students created books that we will deliver to the Phoenix Children's Hospital. After creating a book, Yessica wrote the following service reflection:

by Yessica

What I have done is create a book for the children's hospital. I realize that they have books, but this seems like something that would tell them that we care about them and we're going to take our time to do something creative for them. Reading a homemade book is a great way to distract yourself when times are painful or boring. I created a book because, knowing how much they have suffered, this seemed like a way they could enjoy themselves. I won't be allowed to visit, but I can imagine their smiles. I was proud of myself. It felt good to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment