Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Private Peaceful

by Cesar

I am reading the book Private Peaceful for my intervention class. I am not yet finished reading it but it's a great book of a young boy growing up on the country side. It starts out that he is at the war and as every chapter passes he says something about the current moment and remembers his whole life for the rest of the chapter. His childhood just keeps going on and years pass until when he is recruited to the army. He remembers the days he has spent and the horrible battles he had fought. He has gone through many things but might have something big coming up.

Based upon what I've read so far, I have not yet been disappointed or bored. You are always reading and just wondering whats going to go on next. Also for me I had the anticipation for him to finally grow up and go to the war. He starts remembering his life from when he 1st goes to school until where he currently is. So the anticipation builds through his life to where he finally goes to the army.

I would recommend this book to just about anybody. It has a good solid story with all kinds of topics. If you are into the whole war thing like me it is good since it builds up to that moment. It has some somewhat love story kinda going on in this book. It also gets you wondering how it would have been to grow up back in the early 1900's. So I highly recommend this book since I don't necessarily like reading and I loved he book so if you got some time read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment