Friday, November 7, 2008

a few service reflections

The following are some service reflections students wrote. They wrote cards, painted pots for the nursing home, visited food banks and other activities that helped the community.

Donovon:
It felt good cause I am helping the community. Why wouldn't it feel good because you are helping? When I was volunteering, I was doing touch ups on the mural. Also we were doing Veterans Day cards. We are sending the cards to the veterans in the hospital that are hurt right now. So that is cool you know it feels good to do all that good stuff, even when the things seem small at first.

Isaac:
Well I have to adimit that I thought that this was boring and just another assginment.But apperantly I was wrong. It was actually more than that. The thought alone was prettty much a powerful message. But to know the way how I helped my community, that was reward enough. Who knows maybe later on I will volunteer on my own outside of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment