Thursday, January 17, 2008

a student's reflections on bullying

BULLYING PEOPLE

[DO YOU KNOW THE DEFINITION OF BULLYING?]

By:ND

JAN.11.2008

I was 8 years old,a 3rd grader at C.W Harris Elementary school when I was bullied. I was bullied by kids at my school just because I was CHUBBY/FAT AND TALL.They used to call me names like King Kong, Twin Towers, Big Foot and Monkey Chunky; and even other names that you can't even imagine kids telling people.They say that they used to call me those names just because I was taller than everyone and I was the only big one in my class. When we went to lunch everyday, they used to tell me that I should eat more Twinkies. I felt like crying every time when somebody hurt my feelings. I wanted to move away from that school and never go back to school ever again because I didn't know what would have happened the next day at school. Sometimes I wished that people would feel how I felt so they could stop. Eventually, it stopped when I was able to find a way to get involved in things.

Every since 3rd grade happen i been getting into sports like softball, basketball and flag football with my friends and cousins. Mostly I'm into softball. That's my hobby. I'm getting into shape so people wouldn't call me those mean names like they use to back in 3rd grade when I was only 8 years old. I feel so happy because I lost so much body fat and that people stop calling me names and mostly started being my friend and talking to me.That's a really good thing that happen to me.

I'm writing this because both kids and adults get bullied whereever they go to school or work. When people do get bullied sometimes people don't want to go back because they are scared and don't want people to know that they are getting bullied on a daily basis. This is what I think because it did happen to be once and I did make a difference by getting into shape and finding an activity that built my self-confidence. I'm proud that I did get into shape and made a difference in me. I LOVE life to because my friends like me because who I am and that's a good thing I FEEL LIKE I'M A DIFFERENT PERSON BUT I'M NOT. I just wish the bullies had seen the real me from the start.

People that are bullied at school or where ever they are bullied at shouldn't be scared to talk to somebody that you trust because when you do keep stuff inside of you, you would get depresses and that you would get sick and that's not a good thing to get sick. The good thing is to tell somebody that you really trust.These are some things that could happen to you and this is what you going to feel:

*DON'T WANT TO GO KNOW WHERE

*GET SCARRED

*GETS MAD BECAUSE THERE BULLYING ON YOU

*NEVER WANTS TO TALK TO PEOPLE

*SHY PERSON

Those aren't good things because then you wouldn't have friends and even that you wouldn't be socializing at all.I mean you wouldn't be talking to people often and you end up all alone.

HERE IS A VIDEOS THAT IS ABOUT ABOUT BULLYING PEOPLE AND SOME PICTURES:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNeO3dCV8y4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtFtbaKIYyg&feature=related


Go back to Article page on Social Voice Website


No comments:

Post a Comment