Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Innaugaration Diary

A Journal
By Nathaniel

First of all, I would like to show my gratitude toward those who helped me and encouraged me to go to Washington D.C. because it wouldn't have been possible for me to go to such a historic sight without you supporting me through the challenges. I am very grateful for those ,who in which, helped me with the donations. That was very helpful.  That's all I can say because it's in unspeakable words, that's how grateful I am for you helping. I might not be able to communicate with you all about my trip so, I just wrote about what I did from the day I arrived,to the day I left. I will warn you now,it might not be as exciting as any other piece of writing. ENJOY!!!!(if you can)
 
Day 1      
On arrival day,I was greeted by a generous lady who held a decorative sign with JrPYIC(Junior Presidential Youth Inaugural Conference). After a few more scholars deboarded the plane,we headed toward the main entrance,where we claim our baggage,to get divided into our presidential groups...I was in James Madison.With all the confusion on were the scholars should be,the buses were full and there wasn't enough room for our group,James Madison,so we had to wait about an hour and a half until another  bus,aka tour bus,arrived.The rest of us boarded the bus then  headed to a place where the ball was  taking place.There was a lot of scholars in the ball room.They said it was near 2000  scholars from middle schools,high school,and college. I was astonished.There was scholars from all around the country right before my eyes. Keynote  speaker,Eric Weihenmayer,gave us a welcoming speech.After his first speech,he told us a story of the challenges he had growing up.People always said that he can never do the things that  a human with vision does but he never let that take his faith away.ANYWAY.After the speech,we all boarded,TOUR,buses and went to a hotel were we collected our room keys.I had three roommates.....and I am enable to remember their names right now. The Faculty Advisers did a room check then we went to sleep after watching PINK PANTHER. 

 

Day 2 
I woke up, at 5:00am, and had dressed in relaxed professional clothes. After I was done dressing, my roommates still were sleeping. I mean they were  knocked out, with there tongues hanging out the side of their mouth knocked out! Yes it was very disturbing to look at. I thought they didn't hear the alarm because they're sleeping so I set the alarm a minute ahead of time so it'll go off and placed it by one of my roommates head and waited for it to go off.  A few seconds later, it roared out a loud ring and  it scared him and his scream scared the other people in the room. It was quite funny actually because of the chain reaction which happened. He was mad at me for a minute then began to laugh. he asked me why I did that to him in a very series face but I simply pointed to the time. He reacted in a surprised way and rushed to his clothes which hung from the chair. But I was ready and just left them to get done with their doings.  I headed to my bus, like I was instructed, so I can receive a sack lunch, I mean breakfast....they have some good sacked breakfasts(instead of saying "sacked breakfast",I'm going to state it just as sacked food) with about a large serving of cereal, a granola bar(nature valley) ,a blue berry muffin (from Italy and boy was it scrumptious) and a bottle of orange juice. They have the best food there too. It was so soothing.  Enough about food, for now, and lets finish reading(yes,I read my own writing ALL the time) about what I did in Maryland.What was I writing about,oh yeah! After everyone boarded the bus, we headed to some kind of school, or something. I obviously don't remember the name of that place exactly but that's ok...isn't it? All I know is that it took 45 minutes to get to that specific destination.  When we arrived there, we had to go inside a basket ball stadium, I know, fascinating. That's when  our former vice president,not Mr.Biden,had gave us a speech on how he competed against other nominee's.  It doesn't really sound interesting but it really was.  It was kind of messed up because of the methods they used to try to get rid of their opponent.  He said , obviously, that you can lie about  the entire campaign just to win. How are we suppose to trust the elected campaign man if the person can't even run THE campaign truthfully? Anyway, that was all he was talking about and for each question we had to ask, he responded in so called,"short story", when he really spoke for 30 minutes for just one answer....each. I would say that was the most boring and I nearly fell asleep!  Well, after he was done answering difficult questions,we had to go to a class session. And boy was it long. We were setting in a classroom for 9 hours being taught about different leadership techniques.    After the lesson was done around 8:17pm, we went to dinner at the school's cafeteria up a huge concreted hill. It was at about a 45 degree angle about 415m long. It was quite a work out too. It was worth it too because the food was,mmm-boy,good. After we,I, devoured the food, we loaded onto the bus once again  but this time we were heading back to the hotel that we stayed in. There we retrieved our instructions for the next day.
     
Day 3
On the third day, I woke up and dressed into relaxed professional.At 5:30am, 2:30am in Arizona, I had to wake up my roommates.It was like I  was their mother because I'm the one who wakes up 2min before the alarm and when I wake them, they look at me deliriously ,then they try to go back to sleep.You know what I did? I put cold  water into a cup and splashed it on their faces. It might seem rude but it was rather funny and we were on a tight schedule. I didn't even put that much water in the cup either because it could of affect their health in that kind of weather and it would of  damaged their beds.Anyway,we had to be at the buses at 6:30am,so as soon as we had packed necessary ,like hand warmers,texticational books that we were using for our classes we had, our camera's and other lists of materials. We arrived ten minutes early. For breakfast,we had sacked food...again. Around 7:00am, that's when we started to head out to that one school from before. We arrived on time but there was a capacious amount of people. Almost worst then Disney World. Then something miraculous happened. A security guard let us take go ahead of EVERYONE to get  in. In other words,we had the right away.I think it has to do with the Conference thing. After everyone settled into the stern seats, Colonel Powell showed his confidential face in front of thousands of people. He gave such a conscientious speech and his speech changed my life and how I look at people.Let me rephrase that. He gave such a conscientious speech and his speech changed my life forever. It also changed the way I look at different people in different ways. Despite how series he was and how he demanded us to lead the followers of this nation;he added great humor to almost every word he stated to keep us focused on his point. I'm not really going to get too much into detail because it really isn't speakable. He did give a two hour speech on how to be a great leader. Then we had to go into our groups so we can be taught by our Faculty Adviser. It was the same thing as going to school but a little longer with a few twist added to it.  We had to board the bus just as soon as class was over so that we can go to dinner at some fancy restaurant. Honestly,they could of been more organized with their food layouts not to be mean.  Other then that, the food was AWESOME!!! We started to board the bus by the presidential groups we were assigned on the day we arrived because there were about 800 to 1000 scholars in that restaurant. Yes,I know,that's a lot of people. Instead of heading to our hotel to go to our rooms, we were meeting in the lobby for a conference. It was quite fun to interact with all the scholars from around the country. Like before, I had to talk in front of all of them on a podium/stage but I don't remember what they asked me or what I said. After that,we went ahead to our rooms. I just have to say that my roommates are weird and boring.....except for when I dragged my roommate out of the room and left him out there for a while. It was quite hilarious actually, even he was laughing.
 
Day 4
Day four, was the most exciting day of all. Despite all the activities that were going to happen but the fact that I going to see the president Mr. Barrack Obama. My heart pounded with excitement. I just couldn't wait ! This time, I had no problem waking my roommates because as soon as the alarm went off at 4:30am, they just jumped out the bed and they were already half dressed! I was impressed on how they were  prepared. I bet they were just as excited as I was. There actions were just...abnormal as you would say. This time,instead of eating on the bus, we ate at the dinning place that was at the hotel. They said to get there ASAP but it seems like everyone woke up at the same time because the line was HUGE!  It was just as worse as Disney land! No offence. It took almost a hour just to get to the food. That completely messed up the schedule. It took longer to get to breakfast then they thought it would. So what they did was, who ever  was ready had to board the bus that was ready to depart. When ever everyone was at then museum then that's when we where  separated into our groups.  When I arrived at the museum, I was one of the happiest people in the world.  There were planes ,that were real, hanging from a HUGE ceiling. The first plane ever made was right in front of me. The first cock pit of a space ship was right before me. I was just excited to see the history of flying right before my eyes.Then Astronauts just appear from around the corner. As I forced my hand in one of my dozen pockets, scarcely searching for my autograph book. As I began to walk towards them,with the brightest face in the room. Step by step I got closer. One of the astronaut turned his head toward me and as I struggled to say a word, he just stared stared at me with a expressionless face. I then heard a voice from afar , it wasn't happy, and it came at me like a hungry T.Rex and ate all my joy to leave me with sadness. It was my faculty Adviser yelling at me so that we could leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment