Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Suffering of Immigrants

By D. Vazquez

Do you know what immigration is? Do you know how people suffer as immigrants? It is one of the most controversial issues we are dealing with in America. It is big enough that President Bush is making a big deal about it. He does not realize that a large percentage of the U.S is immigration. I am not simply trying to be sentimental. The reality of this issue is huge. If you choose to shut yourself off, you need to open your eyes and listen to the facts.Immigration is a big deal because all parts of the world and all type of religion, race come to the U.S immigration. It seems that Americans are not as hard with the people from other countries as they are with people from Mexico. One reason the migra comes down harder on the Mexicans then any other races is because they are concerned that our nation will be filled with Mexican households. Others are worried that Mexicans will take jobs away from citizens.

Immigration is a big deal because a lot of illegal immigrant cross the border, with out the right papers. Why don’t they have citizen papers? They don’t have papers because in Mexico the people are really poor and they really are starving. Getting the right paperwork can take too long. So, we need to figure out how to make it easier to get papers. Some people think crossing the border is easy. They are dead wrong. Crossing the border is really depressing for people’s families because they may die just trying to start a good life. People die crossing the border for many reason. Number one, the government ordered soldiers to guard the border. Then there are groups like the minutemen that shoot at will if the people who are crossing the border to come in U.S. The second reason that people die coming into the border of the heat in Arizona. Guess who do we get to blame for global warming? Humankind. Human kind should be blamed for because human kind can’t take care of our earth. Also, people die because of hunger and no water.

If this article made you wonder how do immigrants feel about coming to a different country illegally, well I can name a few feelings on the top of my head. (No I am not an illegal immigrant, but I understand the feelings, because I am part of the community.).Some feelings people may got through when they cross the border illegally one of them might be sadness. Why sadness? They feel sadness because when they realize what they are doing, by crossing the border illegally, is sadness because they are leaving their home towns and all their families, friends, and all their cherished treasures behind. They also might feel suffering because if they are crossing the border with a friend or family member and they get killed they might suffer from their loss. These are some of the feelings I think they go through.

However, I realize that I don’t know what they might really feel like, because it is not my experience. If you wonder how I said some of those feelings if I didn’t experience them is because I imagined myself in their shoes. That’s why I said that’s how they might feel because if that happened to me I would go through all those emotions. I think that is what Americans need to do. They need to put themselves into the shoes of immigrants and question what it would feel like. Then they need to remember that feeling when they go to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment