Friday, February 6, 2009

Double-Header of Hope




by Keyvan

Last weekend I spent my Saturday helping out my community. I was helping out at the Double Header of Hope, a project organized by the Social Awareness Club. I helped out at a food bank and at a youth home base. When I was at the food bank we were helping by putting food into bags and putting clothes on tables. We were also giving out candy bars, water,and Gatorades to the people waiting in line. We were doing something good for all of the people who needed it a lot.

We did really well at the home base by cooking for the kids that were in there. We had some fun there to by messing around with Mr. Lucero. We had to cook some enchiladas and refried beans.When we finished we had to serve them as well. When they finished eating I washed the dishes. It was funny because the water faucet was broken and the water came out on its own and it wet me.

Even though it was all day long it felt good because we did something good for the community. It was a great reminder that service can be difficult, but it can also be fun! If you aren't someone who normally does volunteer work, you might want to consider it.

Photo Credits
Flickr Creative Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment