Friday, November 16, 2007

Wonder Why? - Dangers of Alcohol

By N.D.

People wonder why adults drink alcohol and get addicted. As a student I think that adults start getting addicted by when they turn 21 that's when they are a legal to drink. They start drinking and they can't stop drinking. Its as if they are meant to be together, like they are married to each other or like peanut butter and jelly. That’s funny. I wonder why people drink and can’t stop drinking. Every time when I see somebody drink I always ask myself that question. I know that I will understand when I get older, if I do drink when I am old enough.

I ask my parents why do people drink and they said that drinking gets them away from their problems that they have at home. It makes there day happy if they had a sad or hard day at work. Drinking is often related to celebration. I mean, people have to have alcohol when they celebrate. It gets the fun out of them and it makes there day. Mostly they told me that it relaxed their body. Then I ask them that why can't they just talk to somebody or just take a shower and just relaxed and go to sleep. My dad said to just go to my room and stop questioning him and my mom said that I'll understand when I get older; when I start drinking. I told her that I was thinking that to myself and she said that I was weird because I am not suppose to think about that stuff right know. Then I told her that every teenager thinks of that stuff.

Alcohol could take control over your body I mean that it could make your behavior change and that you would start doing stupid things like going to the bath room on yourself. That’s so funny to some people. It's a silly thing to do. Or maybe you would do bad things like killing somebody and you would go to prison. They say on TV millions of times not to drink and drive home or where ever you’re going. People do it anyway, because they don't think right when they are drunk.


Alcohol is not a good thing to drink. Please don't drink alcohol. I always tell that to my dad and mom or to whom ever I see drinking to stop drinking and start thinking about there body and there lives and that I don't need to worry about them and just worry about myself and about my life .


I want to ask people questions and these are the questions; when did you start drinking, how does it taste like, why did you start drinking, are you addicted to alcohol, and why do you drink? I really want to know these question so I could know about people that do drink and I really want to know because when I am old enough then I might not drink. When people drink and drive and they get pulled over, that people get out of hand when they are drunk, and the next day you get a hang over and sleep all day long. That is so dangerous. So, maybe I'll just avoid alcohol altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment