Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Semester of Service

by Stephany

I volunteered in many different activities throughout the duration of the second quarter that improved my thinking abilities and compassion for others. The first event I was a major part of was the preparation for our own play, a few of the tasks I completed were the sketches. It was a great feeling when we gazed upon the finished result of the home during the Holocaust. Not only that, but we symbolically expressed what great torture millions of people lived through. If by the end of this play we impact the lives' of many people and inform them how horrible it was for many of our ancestors among us, we would look at things nowadays differently.

Planning for the future date of secretary appreciation day has also been one of my priorities that during its process has made me reflect upon life at a greater extent. One of the lessons I've learned has been, every person amongst us has an occupation which makes them ordinary, but the person who strives and lives day by day with the effort of improving the lives of others is to be honored. Our secretaries fulfill this very statement, with no doubt they deserve all we have planned for them and if possible the mentioning of their support on a daily basis. I will absolutely love to carry on this act with me in my future years because with an act like this we are changing the world bit by bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment